What do I need to know about using Proctorio?
What is Proctorio?
- Proctorio is a remote proctoring service software that works within your web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behavior.
Why are we using Proctorio?
- Proctorio is an easy-to-use system that operates within your web browser, allowing you to take your exam anywhere, at any time, while still being proctored.
Do I have to download software to use Proctorio?
- You don’t have to download software, but you do need to download the Proctorio extension on Google Chrome. Proctorio only works in the Chrome browser. Go to http://getproctorio.com to download this extension. Click "click here" under step 2.
Is a webcam required to use Proctorio?
- Yes, it is required to have a webcam and access to a microphone in order to use Proctorio. If you do not have access to a computer with a camera and microphone, you will need to purchase them go to a lab or library that has access to a camera or microphone that will be quiet enough for you to take your exam. You may also need to borrow a computer from someone else that meets this requirement. You cannot take your proctored exam without them.
Does Proctorio require an ID card?
- Some tests require some form of identification for students to be able to access their exams. Is a good idea to have it with you before you start your exam.
If I am an online student, can I still find a live proctor to proctor my exams?
- No. If Proctorio is set up in your course, it is required for all students to use Proctorio on their own computers, a friend's computer, or a library computer that meets the requirements of Chrome, a webcam, and a microphone.
If I am close to campus, can I go to the Testing Center to take my exam?
- No, if Proctorio is set up in your course, it is required for all students to use Proctorio on their own computers, a friend's computer, or a library computer that meets the requirements of Chrome, a webcam, and a microphone.
Where can I find what I am allowed to use during my exams?
- On the exam information page, your instructor will list the materials you are allowed to use during your exam.
Am I allowed to use scratch paper?
- You are allowed to use scratch paper only if your instructor explicitly indicates that you can. To prevent exam content from being compromised, scratch paper is typically not allowed.
What should I avoid during a Proctorio test?
- As you are taking your exam, avoid looking around the room or anywhere other than your computer screen.
- Don’t get up and move during your exam or leave the view of the camera.
- If you are allowed to use physical scratch paper or a calculator, it is required to show those to the camera before starting your test.
- There should be no one else in the room or around you as you take your exam.
- You also may not use headphones.
Where am I allowed to take my exam?
- You can take your exam anywhere that has internet access and is private enough that no one will be in the room with you.
Should I save my answers in I-Learn?
- We recommend that you save your answers to your questions as you answer them. If anything happens and your test unexpectedly ends, your answers will be saved and you will not have to go back and redo them.
Does using Proctorio affect my grade?
- Using Proctorio does not affect your grade. Any suspicious behavior will be reported to the instructor and will be up to them to decide the final grade of the exam.
There are no additional resources.